The Informal Bid Process
- If the estimated contract amount is less than the dollar limitation for sealed bids ($50,000) established by the Municipal Contracting Law, the buyer may contact several bidders of record informally to obtain price quotes.
- This is done either by phoning or by mailing a request for quotation.
- The items needed and quantities are stated, and the date by which you must submit your bid are stated, and bidders are asked to quote a price.
- Occasionally an informal-bid invitation may be accompanied by detailed specifications and the requirement to submit bid responses by a specified time.
- A copy of all current informal bids is available for review in the lobby of our office and vendors are encouraged to use this source weekly.
Submitting Informal Bids
Calculate your direct and indirect costs, compute your price and fill out a bid form.
When the lowest responsible bidder is determined, an award is made.
Bids are available for review – For bid results call (612) 673-2500.
Last updated Feb 15, 2013