Minneapolis Health Department

Public Service Center
250 S. 4th. Street, Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415
[email protected]
612- 673-2301

Submit permits in-person
at the customer service
counter on 3rd floor of
Public Service Center.

Directions & Parking for
Public Service Center

City of Minneapolis Health Department - Youtube Page City of Minneapolis Health Department - Twitter Page City of Minneapolis Health Department - Facebook page

Contaminated Land

Land may become contaminated in many ways. Some causes of soil contamination are chemical spills, leaking storage tanks, or former industrial or commercial operations. When clean up of these lands is required, Minneapolis Environmental Services ensures that operations are compliant with City ordinances and permitting requirements.

Specific contaminated properties in Minnesota can be found in the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency databases. To access the databases, the property's site title, street address, city, and county are necessary. For information regarding land contamination for a specific site, click on following link.

Contaminated Sites

Map Search


When contaminated land is abandoned or not addressed, it may become a brownfield. Minneapolis is among the first cities in the country to actively reclaim abandoned brownfields. The Minneapolis Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) Brownfields Program is involved in remediating polluted sites for redevelopment. Environmental Services works closely with CPED, along with private and non-profit developers, by providing historical site information that identifies potential or existing environmental issues.


Minneapolis Health Department LogoShould you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.

Last updated Aug 17, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo