Vacant Housing Recycling Program
The Vacant Housing Recycling Program manual was approved by the City of Minneapolis City Council on December 11, 2015. Refer to it and the resources below for guidance about the program.
Residential Properties for Sale
Residential properties for sale are published in several formats:
The sale of properties to prospective purchasers is contingent upon meeting program criteria and is subject to the approval of the City Council. Prices are determined by appraisals and are not negotiable. The City has the right to refuse any and all offers received.
Applicants are encouraged to research lots thoroughly. Below are links to resources that could be of assistance:
- Major public works improvement projects lots located along streets with major improvements planned may have future assessments, contact the Public Works department for more information.
- Topographic maps: the City of Minneapolis encourages development of accessible or visitable housing on sites with suitable topography
Submitting an Offer
Experienced and responsible parties can purchase vacant residential properties by submitting an offer package. The offer package varies depending on whether you are purchasing a vacant lot or a vacant structure.
All offers must include:
- Offer to Purchase Residential Land and Improvements (pdf)
- Proforma (xls)
- Documentation demonstrating financial capacity
- General Contractor credentials
If purchasing a vacant structure, the offer must also include:
If purchasing a vacant lot, the offer must also include:
- A complete set of concept plans
Where to submit offers:
Offers and their attachments can be e-mailed to the Project Coordinator that is marketing the property. See the Vacant Lot List and Vacant Structure List that are linked above for the appropriate Project Coordinator.
Alternatively, hard copies of offers and their attachments may be dropped off at or mailed to the City of Minneapolis’s Community Planning and Economic Development office. Please address the offer to the attention of the appropriate Project Coordinator:
City of Minneapolis - CPED
105 Fifth Ave. S., Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Updates for the Vacant Housing Recycling Program are underneath the “General Information” topic in GovDelivery.
Last updated May 13, 2016