Green Homes North Developer Resources
Request for Proposals and Developer Selections
The Round 4 request for proposals was released on August 23, 3014 with proposals for lot selection due on Monday September 15, 2014 and proposals due on Friday October 17, 2014. The program funds will assist developers with development gap financing for new construction. Green Homes North is funded by the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, the City of Minneapolis and the Family Housing Fund with 4% loans available from the Twin Cities Community Land Bank. CPED offered over three million dollars in funding for 47 new green homes in the first three funding rounds. CPED will offer approximately one million in funding for the fourth funding round.
Round 4, 2014 Request for Proposals
- Offer to Purchase Residential Land (doc)
- Green Homes North Request for Proposals (pdf)
- Green Homes North Proposal Form (doc)
- Workforce Development and Job Creation Plan (doc)
- Equity Plan Guidebook (doc)
- Form of Consent for Release of RFP Data (pdf)
- Green Communities Criteria Checklist (pdf)
- LEED for Homes Project Checklist (xls)
- Green Communities Intended Methods (pdf)
- Administrative Site Plan Review for Single Family Development Application Standards (pdf)
- Design Review Summary for Rounds 1&2 (pdf)
- Design Review Summary for Round 3 (pdf)
The Administrative Site Plan Review for Single Family Development Application Standards are in the process of revision. The Green Homes North Round 4 RFP contemplates that the revised Administrative Site Plan Review for Single Family Development Application Standards will be completed. The Minneapolis zoning code requires that all single family homes obtain administrative site plan review approval before a building permit may be issued for construction.
Please be advised that all Green Homes North lots and prices must be confirmed with the identified project coordinator. All proposals must have three lots selected and prioritized, with a rationale for each ranking. The City's intent is to prioritize the parcels listed as 'HIGH' on the lot list therefore at least one of the three properties proposed has to be on that list. Notify Cherie Shoquist of interest in a Green Homes North property. Developers will identify intended lots by Monday September 15, 2014 to be finalized for proposals due Friday October 17, 2014.
- Green Homes North Round 4 Lot List (pdf)
- Green Homes North Lot Proposal Form
- Green Homes North Round 4 Timeline (pdf)
Green Homes North Program Guidelines, Maps, and Product and Services Directory
- Green Homes North Program Guidelines (pdf)
- Green Homes North Public Comments (pdf)
- Map of Green Homes North Buildable Lots
- Map of Green Homes North Zone 1 (pdf), Zone 2 (pdf), Zone 3 (pdf)
- Map of Hawthorne Eco Village Cluster (pdf)
- Map of Cottage Park and James Avenue Clusters (pdf)
- Map of North Minneapolis Tornado Impacted Area (pdf)
- North Minneapolis Neighborhood Contacts (pdf)
- Twin Cities Green Product and Services Directory (pdf)
- Minneapolis Green Homes North Green Product and Services Directory (pdf)
Green Homes North Archived Request for Proposals information is found on the CPED Request for Proposals Archive page, under Housing Development.
Cherie Shoquist, Principal Project Coordinator at 612-673-5078.
Last updated Sep 15, 2014