Provide students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds with a distinctive professional experience focused on gaining essential leadership skills and creating career pathways to positions of influence.
To be the most innovative and effective leadership development program and professional experience in which students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds are inspired to participate.
Urban Scholars trains students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to be the next leaders of companies, non-profit agencies, and government. The Urban Scholars program provides:
· A full-time paid summer internship ($12.24 per hour for undergraduates and $15.75 per hour for graduates) that will provide a high quality resume building work experience.
· Direct access to agency leaders including but not limited to the Mayor, City Council, Department Heads, Superintendents, and Executive Directors.
· A team-based community project that will be presented to City Council, community stakeholders, department heads and colleagues.
· Professional development training from experts in the field.
· Mentors to provide guidance to achieve professional goals.
· Opportunities to create valuable professional networks.
Urban Scholars: The 2014 Urban Scholars application deadline has passed. Please return to our website in January 2015 for the 2015 Urban Scholars application.
Employers: Please host an Urban Scholar in 2015.
Last updated Aug 5, 2014