Minneapolis Ordinance 139.50(d) requires every developer, contractor, consultant, supplier, or vendor (Company) have an approved AAP on file with the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) prior to entering into a City contract for the following:
1. The contract is over $50,000.
2. An amended contract’s cumulative amount is over $50,000.
3. There is more than one current contract with a combined total over $50,000.
There are three (3) options for submitting a plan:
1. Submit an AAP Company already has.
2. Submit one of the City’s template plans.
Note: A Full AAP is only required for Companies that are: 1) entering into City contracts over $100,000, 2) located in the 11 County Metro Area, and 3) have over 40 full time employees on a single working day in the past 12 months. All other companies entering into contracts with the City may submit the Modified AAP Statement.
3. Submit a Certificate of Compliance received from one of the following agencies:
Plans approved by the City 1) must be submitted via e-mail, 2) are subject to audits, and 3) expire three (3) years after approval.
MDCR keeps a list of companies with AAPs on file with the City.
A copy of the City’s Non-Discrimination Notice is available here
. Please contact the office for the notice in a poster format and one will be mailed to you. Posters should be posted in a highly visible location available to employees and applicants for employment.
 The term AAP is thus used interchangeably for Affirmative Action Plan and affirmative action program.