Glen Gale Pedestrian Safety Project
City of Minneapolis Public Works proposes pedestrian safety improvements at two intersections along Irving Avenue N at 24th Avenue N & 25th Avenue N in Jordan neighborhood. The preliminary planning and community engagement for the project is set to start in 2018 and construction is scheduled to begin in 2019. The project is funded by the City’s Pedestrian Safety Program and supports the City’s commitment to Vision Zero – a strategy to eliminate all traffic fatalities and severe injuries on Minneapolis streets.
The project provides opportunities for intersection simplification to improve the experience and safety for all users, especially people walking. Furthermore, this will serve as an opportunity to:
- Reduce crossing distance and improve visibility of people walking and biking to the Boys and Girls Club and North Star Elementary;
- Encourage safe travel speeds and simplify operation of the one-way street configuration;
- Minimize crossing distance and simplify the intersection at 25th Avenue N.
August 27, 2019 Update
We will begin work on the Glen Gale project along N Irving Ave on Tuesday, August 27. Public Works will be placing out signs today and tomorrow, notifying the community of road closures. Road closure and detours will be placed at the following locations and will last for about 6 weeks.
- Ilion Ave N @ Hillside Ave N
- 25th Ave N east of the James Ave N intersection
- Irving Ave N north of 25th Ave N
- Irving Ave N south of 22nd Ave N
Jasna Hadzic-Stanek, Transportation Planner, Minneapolis Public Works, [email protected] or 612-673-3278
Last updated Aug 29, 2019