Information Businesses Need to Succeed
Looking for resources to grow or expand your business? Check out the City of Minneapolis’s new Grow North program.
- Search for available land, commercial or industrial properties in the metro via an online tool from the Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate or call Miles Mercer at (612) 673-5043.
- The City offers a wide array of financing programs, ranging from $1,000 to $10 million, for Minneapolis businesses as well as staff assistance in selecting the appropriate program.
Workforce Recruitment and Training
- The City's Minneapolis Employment and Training Program provides a variety of tools for employers and can assist businesses with employment, training, and recruitment.
- The U.S. Commercial Service can provide, for a very nominal fee, a number of services including market research, information on tariff issues and international shipping, due diligence investigations on potential international trade partners, and facilitated introductions to possible international partners. Contact Ryan Kanne at (612) 348-1638 for more information.
- The Minnesota Trade Office organizes trade missions, hosts workshops and networking events and has staff with geographic and economic sector expertise.
- Façade Improvement Matching Grants aim to support healthy and attractive neighborhood business districts.
- The Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce has programs and a diverse member network to help your business succeed.
- The Minneapolis Downtown Council is the central business district association that works to preserve and enhance a vital and attractive downtown for the people who invest, work, shop, visit and live in Minneapolis.
- Connect with neighborhood business associations (pdf) and other business owners to stay informed.
- The Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers is an association of community development organizations committed to expanding the wealth and resources of neighborhoods through housing and economic development initiatives.
City Staff Can Help!
The City’s Department of Community Planning & Economic Development has a variety of resources to help your business succeed. Call us for information on:
- Business Licensing: Call 612-673-2080.
- Permits for construction, remodeling, and renovation projects and zoning questions: Call 311 or 612-673-3000 or visit the service center downtown.
- Business financing programs: Call 612-673-5072.
- Workforce and training assistance: Mark Brinda at 612-673-6231.
- Site selection and general business questions: Miles Mercer at 612-673-5043.
We look forward to working with you!
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov
Last updated Apr. 15, 2014