Everyday, businesses start, expand and thrive in Minneapolis. We believe that your business can too. Below are some recent success stories that illustrate that success.
In addition to these stories, we want to hear about YOUR success story. If you'd like to meet with the City of Minneapolis and share your business story, please contact Miles Mercer at (612) 673-5043.
At a press conference held in the new offices of expanding South Minneapolis marketing and branding firm Zeus Jones, Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak was joined by small-business owners and formerly displaced workers in highlighting some of the ways that the job creation and retention work of the City’s Department of Community Planning and Economic Development has helped mitigate the effects of the recession in Minneapolis and helped the city weather it better than other large cities.
The Line is an online magazine on economic development in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Innovative Minneapolis companies
- Vast Enterprises to turn recycled tires into Firestone roofing pavers
- Minneapolis's mono is beating out the big ad shops with the message that simplicity sells
- John Foley's 4Front festival: turning our towns into world centers of creativity
Innovative community development in Minneapolis
- Juxtaposition, the community-minded hip-hop arts center, gets ready for a growth spurt
- The Chicago Avenue Fire Arts Center wants to be a torch-bearer for neighborhood renewal
- North Side's Kindred Kitchen aims to assist 30-40 "hidden food entrepreneurs" monthly
- The get-to-NoMi guy: Joel Breeggemann knows why you should move to North Minneapolis
Promoting Minneapolis business districts and the city’s vibrant cultural offerings
- 28th and Johnson: an urban village in the sweet spot between "too quiet" and "no place to park"
- Replacing the Replacements: Our music scene is still hot, and here's where to catch rising stars
- Will gritty Glenwood Avenue be the next hot creative district? Forward-thinker Lili Hall says yes
- Cate Vermeland puts focus on 4 miles of Hennepin Ave., a la Wing Young Huie
What’s New is a monthly newsletter published by the Community Planning and Economic Development team in Minneapolis. The newsletter contains brief updates on exciting economic development news in Minneapolis.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at www.MinneapolisMN.gov
Last updated Oct. 15, 2013