Relocate Your Business to Minneapolis
Minneapolis Welcomes New Businesses!
Looking for resources to grow or expand your business? Check out the City of Minneapolis’s new Grow North program.
- Why do business in Minneapolis? The City boasts a healthy economy for industry and businesses of all kinds, both large and small.
- Choose Downtown Minneapolis. See success stories of companies that have relocated to or expanded in downtown Minneapolis, as well as other information to help make a decision and a transition.
- Locating in Minnesota? Facts and data about the state’s economy from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
- The Compare Minnesota tool lets you see how Minneapolis-St. Paul stacks up against other major metropolitan areas in the United States.
- Meet Minneapolis promotes the Minneapolis community as a premier convention site and visitor destination.
- The Downtown Minneapolis Transportation Management Organization is a valuable source of information on all forms of transportation within the city.
- Explore all neighborhoods in Minneapolis and Saint Paul and view real estate listings, discover landmarks, history, amenities, housing types and styles, and how to get active in city life.
- The City offers a wide array of financing programs, ranging from $1,000 to $10 million, for Minneapolis businesses as well as staff assistance in selecting the appropriate program.
Workforce Recruitment and Training
- City of Minneapolis Employment and Training provides a variety of tools for employers and can assist businesses with employment, training, and recruitment.
- "Deciding to move our North American headquarters to Minneapolis was largely based on the fact that the Twin Cities has a high concentration of medical device companies and is home to a world class medical community. Being here gives us access to a highly skilled talent pool for workforce recruitment, and in addition, Minneapolis is an exceedingly livable city with outdoor activities as well as having a first rate education system." --Lars Rasmussen, CEO, Coloplast
- "Relocating to downtown Minneapolis increases our market share opportunities, enables us to broaden our talent recruitment, and allows our employees access to multiple modes of mass transit."—Matt Johnson, AIA, LEED AP, office leader, DLR Group
- Greater MSP is the regional organization that markets the entire Minneapolis metropolitan area and helps companies to relocate here.
- The Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce has programs and a diverse member network to help your business succeed.
- Connect with neighborhood business associations (pdf) and other business owners to stay informed.
- The Minneapolis Downtown Council is the central business district association that works to preserve and enhance a vital and attractive downtown for the people who invest, work, shop, visit and live in Minneapolis.
City Staff Contacts
The City’s Department of Community Planning & Economic Development has a variety of resources to help your business succeed. Call us for information on:
- Business Licensing: Call 612-673-2080.
- Permits for construction, remodeling, and renovation projects and zoning questions: Call 311 or 612-673-3000 or visit the service center downtown.
- Business financing programs: Call 612-673-5072.
- Workforce and training assistance: Mark Brinda at 612-673-6231.
- Site selection and general business questions: Miles Mercer at 612-673-5043.
- Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP)
We look forward to working with you!
Last updated Mar 30, 2015