How to apply to a board or commission
- We do not take applications to boards or commissions unless there is a opening.
- Vacancies are published in on the City's website. See current vacancies.
- You may apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
- The vacancy notice includes an application and a voluntary demographic questionnaire.
- Complete both pages of the application form.
- The demographic questionnaire is optional, though your cooperation is appreciated and valued.
- Do not submit resumes, letters of recommendation, or additional content.
- Postmark or deliver applications by 4:30 p.m. on the date stated in the vacancy notice.
- All candidates for vacant positions must complete an application form.
- All candidates for reappointment must complete a re-application form.
Send completed forms to [email protected]ov, or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
Call 612-673-2216 with any questions.
The appointing authority, the Mayor or Council, in consultation with board staff, may extend the application period if needed.
Last updated Jul 13, 2016