Minneapolis Arts Commission
Advises the City Council and Mayor on arts-related issues. The Minneapolis Arts Commission was chartered in 1974 with the missionto strengthen the arts and enrich cultural life in Minneapolis. The goals of the Commission are to:
- Foster development of the arts
- Stimulate participation in and appreciation of the arts by all city residents
- Encourage cooperation and coordination between artists and the various arts
- Seek financial support for the arts
- Act as an advocate for the arts before private and public agencies
- Advise the city council with respect to arts related matters
- Strive for high standards of quality in the arts
- Represent the arts whenever possible
The Minneapolis Arts Commission works closely with the staff of the Department of Community Planning & Economic Development-Planning Division, and shares their goal of developing a strong and vital arts community throughout Minneapolis.
3rd Wednesday of the month, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
The commission uses the City's open appointment process.
Term of Appointment
Last updated Jun 23, 2016