Special Assessments Contacts

Several departments in the City handle special assessments. If you’ve received a letter about a special assessment, please contact the person or department on the letter.

If you need more information or help determining who to contact about a special assessment, please call 311.

For questions on pending or levied special assessments, please have the property tax ID available.

The following is a list of the City Departments and the various assessments which they originate.

Engineering Services, (612) 673-2401

  • Street and Alley Paving
  • Ornamental Street Lighting
  • Special Service Districts

Housing Inspections, (612) 673-3754

Housing Inspections, (612) 673-2007

Housing Inspections, Problem Properties Unit, 311 or (612) 673-3000

Minneapolis Park Board, (612) 230-6400

  • Tree removal
  • Park improvements

Sidewalks, (612) 673-2420

  • Snow and ice removal
  • Sidewalk replacement

Solid Waste & Recycling, (612) 673-2917

  • Solid waste clean up charges

Utility Billing, (612) 673-1114

  • Delinquent water and sewer bills


Last updated Oct 15, 2014